The advantages of 2D encoding
- In the long run 2D encoding will replace linear barcodes
- Scans all types of barcodes
- Linked to your own information system
- A 2D barcode contains more information on a smaller surface and can be read from different angles
- In a linear barcode, the data is only shown once in the barcode; with a 2D barcode it is shown three times
- When slight damage occurs, there is a much greater chance that a 2D barcode can be read than a linear code
Reading a 2D code which is directly printed on the smooth-as ice, crystal-clear Petri-dish requires a different approach than when this 2D code is printed on a white background. The 2D barcode scanner is fitted with the newest imager and can, as a result, scan all types of 2D barcodes and load this information into your system.